we're thinking the same thing

From: tnadoman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 09:56:25 EDT

Thanks for posting the dyno test centers! I've been looking for one to test my '97 for a few
weeks. Gave them a call (Manassas, VA) and left a message. I hope they call back. Mine is pretty
stock (318 V8) with the exception of the "Meldrum system". I plan to add the Mopar (Doug Thorley)
headers (dealer install) and the Gibson dual exhaust someday in the near future. I remember us
discussion the headers were available for the 4x2 only. Is this still true?

As far as dealers ability to fix problems. A few months ago I had my driveshaft fall out at 35
miles an hour. Without rehashing the fix, I had no problems with them. They ordered a new transfer
case and driveshaft and had it back within 3 to 4 days. I'm having my oil changed (first 3,000
miles) on Monday. I don't know what * dealership they are, but will find out.

Anyway, when I get the truck dyno'd I'll post the results.

Dave Thede
'97 Dakota Sport+ CC V8/5-spd 3.55 grs
K&N FIPK clone (aka "Meldrum system")