Re: EVS II Security System

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 15:25:13 EDT

Keith R Wanderi wrote:

> I have the factory security system on my SLT and the remote, for whatever
> reason, has refused to unlock the doors about 3 times in the past 7 months.
> I'm am then lowered to using the key which enables the ignition just fine.
> I'm under the impression that the factory security does disable the
> ignition, is this true?

Are you speaking of the one that is part of the remote entry system? If
so, then yes it does have a starter kill. The dealer demonstrated mine
by rolling the window down, closing the door, arming the system, opening
the vehicle and then starting it. The horn and lights flash, and the
engine was cutoff.

Kind of a "cheesy" alarm system if you ask me, but it works for
insurance
purposes, and I like the remote entry.

One of these days I may get a "real" alarm....

Phil
'97 Dakota
'67 Charger