Re: Finally dynoed!

From: Alan Casey (acasey@mail.io.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 15:43:25 EDT

> Now, factor in the $400 for the rockers, $260 or so for the MSD, and $160
> or so
> for the pulleys...$800+ for 12 hp... OUCH!!!.. If I were able to get 25
> more HP
> it would be OUCH!! Oh well... I'll probably get the TBI & pulleys
> only......
>
> I just bought a Jeep ('69 CJ5) for a toy... So it's going to get my full
> attention for work now... *sigh*
>
> Sam '95 SLT

As far as I am concerned the rockers are bullshit. Had I known then
what I know now I would have never bought them. I had a couple of
friends with f-bodies that got very good results from rocker
upgrades, and jules said this was the next logical purchase so I went
for it. They may help me out on down the road, but at this current
level the truck obviously can not put the extra lift to any use.
If I had it to do over again, I would put on the MSD, dyno it, and
maybe put on the pulleys, MAYBE. Now I think heads should go before
rockers.

Alan...