Re: Breaking News Report

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 12:19:09 EDT

L. J. Morris wrote:

> Any of you see the CBS report on SUV's and Sport Trucks the other night? I
> guess we are being labeled the new killers of the highway, seems when one
> of our type vehicles is involved in an accident, that we come out on the
> good end of the stick. Geeeeezzzze imagine that, maybe that's one of the
> big reasons I bought this thing. The complaint was that these GAS
> GUZZLING, OVER WEIGHT vehicles are killers waiting in the shadows to run
> over a kracker-jack box car. Would any of you like to explain to me what
> would happen if a 18-wheeler hit my truck. Sounds like the law of physics
> to me *mass times acceleration or something like that.

I agree. I bought a truck because in most cases it's safer for me and
my passengers, not other drivers. I don't think I've ever seen an
accident
with an 18-wheeler in which there was anything remotely resembiling a
car leftover.

I will admit, however, that my truck does guzzle gas, but who buys a
truck
for gas mileage? If you want that, buy a car (and watch out!)

Phil
'97 Dakota
'67 Charger