Re: Newbie

From: yacko@value.net
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 23:01:39 EDT

Well I to am new to this list and bought a 97' sport about 6 months ago or
so. I feel that i want to complain about the dealer but man.. that dakota
was too cool looking to pass up. So there was an add in the paper, 97
dodge dakota sport 14,998$. its a 6cyl auto with air and such. so i went
there and expressed my interest but told the guy i did not want to get
into purchasing it until the middle of the next week and if he could hold
that price. he said sure no problem, we can hold that price because he
knew i would be back. so i went back the following wednesday or thursday,
dont remember exactly and the would not sell it at that price but wanted
to bargain down from the MSRP. HAH. lame so after an hour or so of the
weenie going back and forth to his manager they let me walk. the next day
the same add was run in the paper. needless to say i bought it and
couldnt wait for the dodge/chrysler survey to come in. I pity the person
that had to open that. anyhow a couple months later it got broken into.
They tried prying open the door handle on the passenger side which didnt
work so they popped open the back sliding window, knocked the light out
and unlocked the door. i have never gotten the frame around the console
off without putting the truck in anything but park but they managed to,
snagged my cd player and everything else. so i had to deal with that and
buy an alarm. So anyhow here I am today. getting ready to add some mods
to my truck so this email was perfect, im not too concerned about the
money because i want to do it right, so any other suggestions would rock.
greg