Re: Newbie

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Sat Jun 14 1997 - 00:39:04 EDT

Sean Meldrum wrote:

> - Edelbrock Signature Series 10" dia. chrome air cleaner. P/N 1208. (I've
> been told Erson 10" works also)

Rather well....No complaints yet.

> - K&N 10"x2.25" (I have p/n's of taller sizes if you think they'll fit) air
> filter p/n e-1080.
>
> - length of 1/4" threaded rod or small 1/4" thread u-bolt.

1/4" x 20 ALL-THREAD works great. I didn't snap any of this stuff
getting the correct angle ;-)

> - short length of emissions hose for driver's side breather

I did mine a little bit differently. My air cleaner (Erson 10") came
with a little "apendage" on the base that is for a breather connection.
The factory hose fits perfectly, but the location is wrong. So, what
I did is the following:

1) positioned the base so that the apendage is at the 12-1:00 position.
2) remove the 90-degree hose piece on the end of the factory hose
   assembly
3) attach the 90-degree hose piece to the air cleaner base with
   the outlet facing right.
4) cut the factory plastic hose so that it's length will now
   go between the breather and the air cleaner apendage

Voila! I figure it's ok to cut that hose because it can be replaced
by a full-length piece of hose should I need to re-install the
factory air cleaner setup. Either that, or buy a new plastic
hose.

Good luck,

--
Phil Hyde - Houston, TX.