Re:

From: jaallis (jaallis@ibm.net)
Date: Mon Jun 16 1997 - 16:42:57 EDT

Braxton, John wrote:

> Hey, Guys
>
> I just went to the big city of Atlanta, GA and crused one of the dodge
> dealers in Marietta. In their show room was a customized ram with a
> stepside bed? I had to stop and see!!!!! A closer look reveiled a chevy
> bed with dodge tail lights. The salesman said they ship the truck out
> and had it customize. It look great, but a chevy bed. Good try but no
> cigar. The salesman said it had been on the lot for a while and they had
> drop the price by $5,000 to $23,000 (good price, good idea, great look,
> but a chevy bed.) I can hear those chevy boy now!!!!
>
> john braxton
>
> 89 shelby dakota

Did the salesman say it was a chevy bed? The RAM bed dimensions are
different than a Chevy so it can't be stock Chevy. Also ther is a
company in Texas I believe that makes Stepside beds for the RAM and
there is another company that narrows the stock bed and adds the
stepside fenders. The company in Texas only sells to Dealers so this
might be where they had it done. The fender shape very closely matches
the Chevy bed and could probabley interchange but that's the style of
stepside fenders these days.

Jay