Re: axle ratio questions

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 1997 - 13:48:03 EDT

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:53:53 +0000, you wrote:

>Is there a
>difference in acceleration with 3.55 vs. 3.92?

Yeah there is. But it is not enough to really notice, where you will
notice it is when you are just crawling along.

>I plan to tow a boat
>(approx 2,500 lbs) occasionally.

I vote for the 3.92 gears then....

>Also, I test drove a '97 Sport + and a '97 SLT + , both had 3.55 but the
>SLT seemed alot faster. Any idea why???

Yup, the SLT has "insulation". Some sort of sound-damping material, I
know its under the hood, and also some is in the cab too. It might
just be that the SLT is quiter, therefore it seems more powerful. I
plan on installing quite a bit of that stuff in the cab and under the
hood when I get ready to do the skull-blasting stereo system. (Note
that I do not intend to play rap music, but intend to blast the
rappers with an overdose of Brooks & Dunn....payback is hell.heh)

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow