Re: axle ratio questions

From: MARDIGRAS1@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 19:00:23 EDT

I have a '97 4X4, ext. cab, 318 SLT+ with the 3.55 gears. I just pulled my
father-in-laws 3800+ lb. GTO plus the trailer (another 1500 lb or so). I had
no problems at all. There in East Texas there are lots of hills and on one
occasion I had to accelerate up on of those hills while towing. We were
running about 75 and the Dak had plenty of "umph" to accel up the hill in
order to pass a bow-tie which was have problems making it up there. I would
never look back on getting the 3.55.

Ken