Re: Brakes

From: Jim Gregory (jgreg@superior.net)
Date: Thu Jun 19 1997 - 05:12:58 EDT

Thanks Rich. Yea I have to get a manual asap for this think but the brakes
are the only problem right now and they may not even be a problem.
 Could just take more pedal pressure than I'm used to. To bad there arent
any engine mod's but just as well I guess.
 Have mixed engine oil and mineral spirits and sprayed on all the offending
rusty brake lines etc. an attempt to save what I can until I have time to
deal with it.
 Am also bringing it to the dealer to see if they will replace them under
warranty(60 days). Wont that be the ultimate test. This is the dealer that
put new rear brakes in and when I got home and put the parking brake on it
stuck. They had installed them wrong and I had to pull the drums and do it
right. Fun with the brakes locked on.
 But thanks again. I think you will be hearing from me.
planned mod's are: Rancho 5000 shocks
add a leaf or rear air shocks for tools and towing(advice welcome. I carry
approx. 600 lb. with cap)
30x9.50 something's. I do allot of work in mud and snow. More advice
welcome.
Jim Gregory,Adirondak mtns,NY,USA
87 dak 4x shortbed 3.9 carb.
81 Yamaha 650 twin
starcraft 16' pike master
kaw. 300 bayou 4 wheeler
invader 19.6 cuddy
Polaris rxl 650
the brides reliant inherited from uncle Jack(exciting car)