Re: email attachments

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@xmission.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 1997 - 22:31:01 EDT

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Norah Kiraly wrote:
> Hey Pat,
>
> Did you know that with each of your posts, there's an attachment called RE.....?
>
> I've deleted quite a few of them from my hard drive. Does your internet
> provider (mindless.com) do this for everyone? I'm not meaning to nag you,
> but members from the past have complained about attachments before and if
> you're limited on disk space, it could be a problem. Fortunately, I have
> ample space, but I'm not sure about everyone else.
>
> Just thought I'd let you know.
>
> Thanks,
> Norah (the damn easterner)
>
> current: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 CC V6/3.9L/Auto
> previous: '93 Dakota blue 4x2 CC V6/3.9L/Auto
> next: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 CC V8

Pat, what are you using to send e-mail?

I've seen this sort of thing from Microsoft's e-mail program. It
attaches information about the font, color, and other stuff along with
every message, and if you're not running their e-mail client it's just
useless line noise.

It seems that Microsoft has (again) decided what's best for us, whether we
like it or not. For those of us with e-mail programs that don't
automatically save attachments, it's not that big a deal. However, Eudora
*does*, and if you're not careful they'll pile up on you.

  -- Jason Bleazard (future damn easterner)
     drazaelb@xmission.com

     Psi Corps is your friend. Trust Psi Corps.