Re: Update on '97 Auto Problem

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Fri Jun 20 1997 - 22:21:08 EDT

At 11:18 AM 6/20/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Scott Vieth and Sean Meldrum from the Dakota List have "test" driven the
>Truck this week. They seemed to approve of the shifts and driveability and
>both are 5-speed guys.

>David R.
>Sterling Heights

Seemed to approve? I don't want to speak for Scott but that truck has
probably the best shift I've ever felt. It's kind of hard to
describe......it shifts as quick and clean as a full hot rod trans but at
the same time you could shave with a straight razor it's so damn smooth.

Dave and Scott both have a couple *really* nice trucks. For anyone
considering the Gibson exhaust.....don't even think twice. So long as yer
not lookin' to rattle windows this system has one of the best tones I've
heard. Gibson's claims of "the sound of a big block at the tailpipe" are
right on the money. Smooth, mellow, great sound under acceleration.

If yer lookin' for a bit more bite in the pipe, Dave has a 2-chamber
Flomaster with duals out under the bumper. Has that famous Flomaster bark
to it when you tip into the throttle, but with it all out back the cab is
quiet. You can hear it but it's in no way annoying.

'Course there's mine....I *like* annoying. Had some problems today with
the cheapo muffler. Damn outlet is slightly large and I lost the turndown
today. I'm worried about the front letting loose and doing damage, and I
don't want to weld it as it'll be replaced soon anyway. So.....I'm gonna
run the next week or so NASCAR style again until I make a final decision.

Oh yeah, seems as though Scott and I converted another to "air by Meldrum".
 I'll have that s-bolt by the end of the weekend Dave. Did ya get yer
parts yet? ;^)

  sean meldrum