Re: Best year for Dakota

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Sat Jun 21 1997 - 23:46:26 EDT

----------
> From: rande@qni.com
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Best year for Dakota
> Date: Saturday, June 21, 1997 3:55 PM
>

> I am considering getting a different truck and have been looking at the
Dakota.
> I have been looking at the Club Cab 4x4 with the V8. I am looking for
suggestions
> and recommendations as to which model year is the best. What problems
there were
> on the different model years and if/how they were fixed on other model
years. What
> type of mileage can I expect? If there were any recalls or TSBs? What
should I
> expect for a vehicle with these options? I'll also be checking the
Alldata for TSB's
> and Kelly's and Edmunds for prices.
>
> Anything else you think might be useful would also be appreciated.
>
> I'm on the digest so you can reply personally or to the list.
> Thanks.
>
> Randy Eickhoff
> rande@qni.com

        4x4's are not my specialty, but for 4x2' the '92-93 model years had the
most HP out of the box (230hp vs. 220hp for 94-96's). The 92-95 model
years
you can get aftermarket computers (not merely a chip like on other US
trucks),
which are still not available for '96-97 models. Some TSB's exist minor
stuff
on earlier years that have been corrected (hopefully!) on the newer models.
I currently have a '95, and glad that I do. It's the last year before the
OBD-II
crap came out... and that's another can of worms!

        Sam '95 SLT