Re: Lube jobs

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 11:29:32 EDT

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 09:41:08 -0400, you wrote:

> You didn't share info about your truck (what year, 4x2, 4x4, etc.),
>and # of greaseable joints depends on this info. For my model year
>('95), the 4x2 has a rack and pinion, while the 4x4 has the standard
>steering linkage with idler and Pitman arms. Furthermore, the 4x4
>has a torsion bar front end, while the 4x2 has A-arms. I don't
>know whether the torsion bar suspension eliminates the upper ball
>joint or not, though that would stand to reason.
>
> Check carefully, if they're there, you want to grease them.

My bust. I guess I turned off my sig line. The truck is a 97' CC 4X4.
There is a upper A arm, but I can't find a Zerk on the ball joint
unless its underneath the A-arm on the inside, as I did not remove the
tire...

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow