Re: mufflers

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 21:32:46 EDT

At 04:41 PM 6/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok, let me get this straight...for those of you with '97s. Does the
Flowmaster dual exhaust system
>come with the muffler or are you getting it seperately? If I understand
correctly, the Flowmaster
>dual rear exhaust is a little louder than the Gibson?
>
>I was looking to get the Gibson but now I'm not sure!! Is anyone running a
Gibson or Flowmaster
>with the stock Mopar muffler?
>
>Any information would help!!
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Dave Thede

I don't think Flowmaster has a system for the Dak yet. It would have to be
a custom job. The Flowmaster 2 chamber *is* louder than the Gibson. Hard
to put 'em in the same catagory. Flowmaster has a distinct sound. Has a
real *bite* to it. I haven't heard the 3 chamber Flowmasters yet but they
are supposed to be similar to the 2's but quieter. The Gibson really does
sound like a big block when you get into the throttle. Very smooth rumble.

  sean meldrum