Re: Cowl Hood and Muffler

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 21:27:30 EDT

At 02:24 PM 6/23/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I located a source for a fiberglass Cowl Induction hood for 91-96
>Dakota's. They use factory latches and hinges. The hoods are Cormat
>reinforced and I was told you could sit on it and not break them. They
>are $389.00 plus shipping from Florida.
>The company is: US Body Source
> (352)468-2203
>
>The cowl is approxiamately 2 3/4 inch tall. I can't wait to convince my
>wife how bad I need one.
>
> I have a question regarding mufflers. There has been much talk about
>all the different types of mufflers available except for SuperTrapp.
>These mufflers are tuneable by changing how many disks are installed. A
>sigle 4" SuperTrapp can handle up to 250HP. If you have more HP use two
>4"ers to get 500HP handling. I've heard them on alot of different
>engines and I think they sound great. They even have competition end
>cap which has the middle cut out, great for the drags. Also by
>lessening the number of disks the quieter it is or vice-versa. I'm
>waiting on my Jegs catalog so I can order one.
>Jay
>94 Sport SC SB V6 K&N drop-in with modified stock housing(18 1.5" holes)

I think USBS has a '97 cowl hood too if I remember correctly. Like cowl
induction Scott? Wouldn't have to wait on Street Scene for one of these. ;^)

I considered the Supertrapp because of the adjustability but have heard 'em
only once on a mid-seventies vette. I had a hard time parting with
$80-$110 for something I might hate.

Hooker has a tuneable muffler out too. It's in the latest Jegs. $120.
  sean meldrum