Re; '98 R/T (And newbies first post)

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 23:52:09 EDT

John,
Where did you get the info on the R/T not releasing until Spring '98? I
just checked the Dodge web site and they still say fall '97. Of course
they dont seem to update their page as often as I would like to see. I
also checked with one of our local dealers here in Austin Tx. a couple
of weeks ago and they said August or September. I have also been
awaiting the R/T and even put off getting a new truck until they were
released. I have had my eyes set on the 4X4 CC since a few months back
when I buried my '83 Toyota P/U at the beach :( Oh well, I had been
eyeing the 4X2 until then, but now that I can justify the 4X4, that's
what I want. I have put a few miles on my grandfathers '92 CC 4X2 318
pulling a trailer to the beach, and am fully awarte of the power that it
delivers. But, the idea of having that 360 under the hood and then
giving it some breathing room, ie. headers, filter and computer sounds
like too much fun to pass up. I not looking for the fastest rev time,
just something that will pass everything else on the road while climbing
hills. And if a 318 will do its easily, then a 360 should do it even
better.

John Neff
waiting to purchase my first Mopar >:)