Re: *Real* mufflers.....was: U-Haul Sucks, part ii

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 00:28:18 EDT

<< i wouldnt go with 2.5" duals unless you run a true dual exhaust, jules
from
 MPI told me that it would hurt bottom end torque, which our trucks need. >>

Probably cause he doesn't sell them. I don't believe that a 2 1/2 " exhaust
pipe through a 2 1/2" converter would ever notice if it used a 3" tailpipe or
2 - 2 1/2's. The controlling point would be the Exhaust pipe and Cat seems so
to me especially if you run a muffler ???? I do know that with headers the
size will effect torque/horsepower but when using stock headers and cat tail
pipes could be whatever you like..

My 2 cents

Bill