Re: U-Haul Sucks, part ii

From: John Lindsay (jlindsay@oharamfg.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 1997 - 20:31:43 EDT

 Ok..... here's another U-Haul story....

 I rented one of their 8' enclosed trailers to take my '91 Harley to Phoenix
(from San Francisco). The problem wasn't whether or not the Dak could pull
it (they never brought it up), the problem was getting the trailer. Their
brochure clearly shows the trailer available for local or one way rentals.
When I went down to reserve it, they asked me where I was taking it.
"Phoenix" I said. "Then back here to you". "You can't do that. They can only
be rented one way". I got out their brochure & showed the guy the details.
"Yeah, I know it says that, but you still can't do it".

 I'll leave out the discussion that followed, this is a family oriented list
<G>. I left the deposit & told them I'd be by on Friday morning to pick it up.
Thursday nite, the phone rings. "You'll have to wait 'til mid morning to
pick up the trailer". I "calmly" explained that I had a reservation. "Yeah,
I know, but we rented that trailer out one way." They had to bring one over
from another store 30 miles away.

 I finally get the trailer, one of their Certified Towing Technicians hooks
up the lights to my Dak's plug. Got home, & found I had running lights, but
no brake lights or turn signals.

 U-Haul must stay in business just by accident.

                    Maddog