Re: *Real* mufflers

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 06:55:33 EDT

Sam Parthemer wrote:

> Too funny... I went to my muffler guy, got a price, compared
> to another muffler shop (and the actual cost of the muffler from a
> wholesale parts place)... He was about $40.00 higher... I figured he gave
> me a fair price, and was only trying to make some $$$ for his time/effort
> (being that's why people are in business). So I went with him for the
> entire deal. Here's what the extra $40.00 got me: a full warranty on
> the entire installation... He opened up my CAT for free (2.5" in, 3"out)...
> and after "I" installed my headers and had problems, he fixed the problems
> for free (and I didn't even buy the headers from him!). Now his shop does
> all of our work trucks muffler stuff... Plus I recommend him to anyone
> needing a great job at fair price.
>
> I believe in getting a good deal, but nickel and diming a guy
> won't get you anywhere in the future...

Well if I need anything from them in the future I'll pay for it then.
In the meantime I just saved 40 bucks. I'm sure it's probably a fair
price but I look out for number one when it comes to spending my money.
I figure he will make money on the pipes and install anyway and I doubt
he will loose his house because I bought my muffler from Summit. Guy I
talked to was real nice, didn't bat an eye when I asked about getting
the muffler elsewere. I suspect they get a lot of customers who do
this.

> BTW: What's with the 3" tips on 2.5" pipe anyway???
>
> Sam '95 SLT

What do you mean?? Looks of course, gotta put something shiny on there,
might as well be 3"

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	93 Mark III 4X2 reg. cab SWB