Re: *Real* mufflers

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 21:08:14 EDT

> Just giving you a hard time! :P A lot of people out here in California
>will put 3" or 4" tips on stock pipes.... Looks funny...

Fine for them. I cut 8 inches or so off the end so it wouldn't:

1) Get soot on my bumper.

2) Get squished against the rear tire if I got in a tight spot off-road.

It's darn near invisible, unless you walk around the truck looking for
the exhaust. So I guess I have the 'Stealth' tip!

Jim

PS. Decrement my Jeep tranny discussion. I meant 4-spd where I talked of
5-speeds, and 3-speed where I said 4-speed. Duhhhh <:P