Re: *Real* mufflers.....was: U-Haul Sucks, part ii

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:03:29 EDT

> How do you like the sound of the 2 chamber flowmaster? I've heard some
> people say the 2 was too loud and to go with the 3. I'm pretty much
> sold on a flowmaster but I'm still not quite sure if I want a 2 chamber
> or 3. I want something that will turn heads but not make me go deaf! I
> want the same setup basically as what you have, only with dual tailpipes
> exiting straight back on each side. Also if I'm doing duals would it be
> better to go to 2.5" pipes so as not to kill torque?

i love the sound, and it is not too loud from inside the truck (even with
all the windows open) because it is exiting out the rear of the truck. but
if you stand at the tailpipe and someone rev's it up..OHH MAN!!!. it will
turn heads!. trust me dude, im gonna try to make a nice wav file of my
trucks exhaust. this 2 chamber 3 incher has a nice deep rumble with a
slight throatiness that makes you damn near drool. and the exhaust gets a
bit quieter after 2,000 rpms. but after that at WOT, my FIPK takes over
with the engine roar:).

i wouldnt go with 2.5" duals unless you run a true dual exhaust, jules from
MPI told me that it would hurt bottom end torque, which our trucks need.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car