Air Flow

From: MARDIGRAS1@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 21:59:00 EDT

I have been looking at my '97 Dak. I noticed that the air intake in located
on the passenger side of the truck facing the wheel. It seems like that
would hurt the power since it is not only restricting the amount of air it
can pull in, but also it is always pulling in air that is already warmed by
the engine compartment. I was thinking of running a piece of duct hose out
the front of the truck (close to the radiator) and using that as my air
intake. If anyone has any ideas, or has tried something similar I would love
to hear it. It just seems to me that the more air you can get.....the
better.

Ken