proportioning valve

From: jgreg@superior.net
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 22:28:01 EDT

Ok I give up. tried to get the dodge boys to adjust the proportioning valve on my like new 87 4x 39,000 miles because the fronts werent grabbing and they said theres no adjustment.
So i adjusted them anyway and saw a hell of a difference. Now i can stop.
Problem is i dont know how much tension is supposed to be on that damn spring.
Do i put a scale on it?
 I cant find a damn manual for that truck and I dont feel like bending over for the local dodge boys who want 30 bucks each for the plastick centers on my 89 aluminum wheels.
Sorry if i sound hostile towards my local dealer. I am. Everything they touch I have to redo when i get it home.
The flat rate system does not encourage good work. i know. i was on it. After a couple of weeks all you want to do is make your times. The customer is the enemy.
Also, when i finally figure a good way to raise the ass end to make up for the constant 5 or 600 lb.load i will have to readjust the proportioner again. I never had a proportioner before and didnt miss it.
Great truck, lousy dealer
Jim Gregory
87 3.9 auto 4x
jgreg@superior.net
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)