Re: FIPK (FreshAir by Meldrum) Attn. Sam

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 15:54:00 EDT

+++++++++++++++
> What's your 1/4 mi times and speeds? My 1/8th mi have been around
>72 mph @ 9.9, 9.8... With my 1/4 mi times @ 15.4-15.6, 89-90.5 mph
>consistently.
>My reaction times stink (1.04-8.8 average, with a best of .617 --a fluke!).
> I shift to
>4th gear right before the 1/8th mi, so I lose a bit of acceleration at that
>point, but
>make up 18 mph on the tall end (it begins to REALLY pull right before the
>lights...
>darn). I ran with 215-75-15 BFG A'Ts, and then again with Qualifier-clones
>255-60-15..
>Only difference was better traction off the line, but nearly identical
>times. My average
>time was .2-.4 seconds faster though.
>

> Sam '95 SLT
I haven't tried the 1/4 mile track yet. Their test and tune is on Fridays
and I work in a local seafood resturant on weekends. In due time though.

I am going to have to due something on the traction problem before anything
else. I am losing precious time on my starts!

Rob Robinson
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport
318-3.55
Meldrum air-14"