Wed nite Drags

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 18:54:46 EDT

Went back to New York International Raceway Park again last night and had a
great time as usual. I made one run without NOS and run a 15.4 at 90 recently
had been running 15.1's and 15.2's at 92 - 93 best had been 14.96 @ 93. I
planned to make a couple more before trying NOS but this older style ranger
showed up with a hopped up Mostang 5.0 engine, beefed up auto and was running
pretty darn good for a Ferd, real low 14's so I opened up the bottle and
pulled right up along side of him to give it a shot. First run I pulled a
1.066 reaction time he did a . 524 (didn't really want to give him a head
start but) and then broke the toggle switch when I hit the NOS and had to
play with it to get it to work. He won but I still had a better run than he.
He ran a 14.15 @ 97 I ran a 14.10 @ 102. Had to do a little rewiring to wire
the NOS up to the bottle heater switch and went back out. The best run was a
13.70 @ 103.68 not to bad for the 85 degree temps and 75 % humidity. Made
several 13.7 runs but red lightted on the first pass of the bracket race, got
beat by a 88 Dakota 6 cyl. I had to spot him almost 4 seconds and got a
little itchy with a .448 reaction time. Atleast I got beat by a Dakota. The
Ferd went on and broke out turning a 13.99. That little Ranger hauls... The
Neon ran 15.8's and 15.9's all night but he red lighted on the first run
also.. Sure is fun.....

Bill