Re: speaking of engine SBEC's

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 18:54:37 EDT

<< well, lets put it this way, when i ran my last run down the 1/4 in the
 dakota, i ran a 16.354@81.24, that was with a .644 reaciton time (i gotta
 stop dep staging). and those times were with teh tires spinning quite a bit
 off the line. now i have my exhaust, FIPK, and fatter tires that arent as
 tall as the stock tires and i get more traction, so i beleive a 15 second
 e.t. is possible if i dont deep stage and cut a good light at the tree.

 Jarrod >>

Deep staging will lower the Reaction time but is hard to be consistent. You
need to go on the 3rd yellow without a deep stage. Anyway reaction time has
nothing to do with your ET, it is how long you took to trip the light. Your
ET starts when you trip the light. Now you can get a better ET by shallow
staging (just lighting the 2nd light) as you are already moving when you trip
the light. Any way if you ran a 16.3 before then same conditions you would
probably run a high 15, my guess but weather conditions play into things
considerably.

Good luck and if you want some Drag tips check out the Staging Light sight at
http://rconcepts.com/beard/ for lots of good info.

Bill