Re: 1/4 mile times revised

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 22:25:27 EDT

> One thing that might have slowed you up is the weather. When you ran the
> first time, was it cooler out or had less humidity in the air? I know
the
> weather effects your times tremendously. Also the size of your tires
could
> have effected your times.
>
> Scott

the first time i ran the truck when it was stock, it was night time and a
bit cooler.,

but teh second time (last night) i made 2 runs with the sun setting and the

3rd run (which was my best time that night) was made at night. and the
tires i am running are a bit smaller in diameter than the stock
235/70/15's. im running 275/60/15's. so i got a bit more lower gear cause
of that which should help the low end out. im just confused. thats all. i
thought what i did made it faster. mayeb i need to get a good technique
down at the track. this truck also needs a shift kit, if it were able to
shift a bit quicker, it would be a bit faster as well instead of pausing
for a half second between shifts, jules ferom MPI told me he has teh shift
kit from transgo for my truck in stock. should i get it now???. or should i
wait???

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car