1/4 mile times revised

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 00:34:42 EDT

welp, ran ehr at the track tonight. i am very dissappointed. i went slower.
here 's the info:

stock:
16.354@81.24 with a 2.309 60 foot time and a .644 reaction time.

best run tonight after FIPK, Flowmaster, And Better Tires that grip:

16.476@81.84 with a 2.363 60 foot time and a .613 reaction time. the other
2 runs i made tonight were 16.581@81.70 with a .649 r/t and a 16.572@81.81
with a .948 r/t (i wasnt paying attention at the tree and ended up going
past the stage light and the light hit instead of leting me get straight).

i've come to the conclusion that the cooler air from the inner fender was
better for the engine and the 3 inch flowmaster is hurting my low end
torque. maybe ill put the stock air setup on with no filter on friday when
i go again and ill put my jacob's omni-pak ignition on to see if that
helps. damn i hope so. from the way it looks, my speed in the 1/4 has
increased but teh e.t. dropped. i went from 235/70/15's to 275/60/15 in the
rear and 245/60/15 in the front. i getr much better traction now.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car