dakota driveshafts

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Sun Jun 29 1997 - 16:05:09 EDT

} From: "Jarrod Pilone" <moparman@jet.laker.net>
} Subject: Driveshaft boot
}
} on teh way home tonight from teh drag strip, i was playing around with a
} buddy on the way, we raced. he has a '93 VW corrado SLC. we got to about
} 115 mph and the boot onthe driveshaft on my '97 club cab came of teh
} carrier assembly. this is the second time this boot has flewn apart on my
} truck. is there any driveway fix for this?/. has anyone else had this
} problem?. the first time the dealer replaced the whole driveshaft assembly
} in the truck for safe measure, apparently they didnt measure enough. how
} come they have a two peice driveshaft anyways?. one long one will be
} suffice, not like there are any steep pinion angles er nuttin. is tehr a
} driveway fix or should i bring her back to the dealer??.

My driveshaft boot has been trouble free, but I haven't gone 115mph
either. The only logical reason for the two-peice driveshaft is to
increase ground clearance. Only the club cabs have them, and those are
the long wheelbase models where a low driveshaft would be most likely to
high-center. It increases the angles for the U-joints.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD