Was 97 security option, now is EVSII Alarm

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 1997 - 11:39:58 EDT

On Mon, 30 Jun 97 02:23:39 -0500, you wrote:

> I have a 97 Dak with the remote, keyless entry and the security feature.
>When I lock the doors, I get a little honk from the wimpy horn.

Yup, works just fine....That's all it is supposed to do.

>Does anyone
>know if you can attach any devices ( like a shock sensor ) or an external
>alarm speaker for when the alarm is triggered to the EXISTING security
>device?

Nope you can't. There are no inputs (or triggers) on the factory
alarm. I thought I was getting a full-featured alarm too when I got
that option also. The factory alarm is really cheesy except for the
starter kill. I checked into that option you are talking about and
here's what I did....

        Picked up the Mopar EVSII alarm and the wiring harness for
$150. Installation was very easy, it just plugs into the factory
wiring with a harness. I only had to drill three holes to mount the
siren and one small hole in the dash for the LED light/valet button.
It comes with a shock sensor and flashes the lights and all that jazz.
This weekend I am having a hood pin switch and a dual zone radar
detector added to the EVSII, as those are the only two holes in the
defenses I feel are necessary....

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow