Undercoating Recommendations??

From: Mike & Tricia (ruhmann-martinez@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jun 30 1997 - 16:00:38 EDT

 I just bought a 95 Dakota Sport (24,000 miles) and really enjoy driving
it. Since I plan
on driving it to it's grave, I was considering rust-proofing the underside
as it has already gotten pretty rusty. I was hoping someone with more
knowledge than I (meaning anyone reading this) could answer two questions
for me: 1. Is it a waste of money to undercoat my truck this late in it's
life? I'd hate to sink several hundreds into the treatment only to find
out it didn't help much. 2. Any recommendations on who to (or not to)
take it to? Idealistically, I'd like to take it to a place that does a
good job and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. Should I consider a Dodge
dealer, chains like Zeibarts, or just look for a locally owned shop around
town (Omaha NE)? This newbie appreciates any and all assistance!

Mike