RE: ClubCab Subwoofer

From: James Bird (BirdJD@internetmci.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 1997 - 22:35:42 EDT

I would have used 3/4 inch, but I would have sacrificed .4 cu ft in the design. As per MTX, the speaker manufacturer, 1/2" in fine as long as all pieces are under 16 inches. And I would never use 'particle board' as it will leak where as MDF wouldn't. So looking at the available space vs. the trade offs, 1/2" was a much better choice.

The metal is only 'L" bars that lock the box to the frame to keep it from movement. I use 2 pieces of 14" bar and one of 6" bar, and 6 locking 1/4" bolts. She's not going anywhere.

Just to make sure, I 'dynamatted' the entire body cavity to eliminate any stray resonation.

James Bird BirdJD@InternetMCI
'97 Dakota CC, V8, 4x4, 5sp, loaded, 500w of serious sound.