ClubCab Subwoofer

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 30 1997 - 16:22:07 EDT

I've always wanted a sub under the seats in the back of my club cab. My
dream system was two kicker solobarics and amp mounted in a custom
enclosure under the seats.

REALITY

The kickers are pricey. The other day i found a Jensen G.R.I.P 8" that
uses .4 cubic feet (kickers=.33), the price is 65 so i think i'm gonna try
it. Has anyone completely replaced the storage boxes?? please contact me.
I know Glenn W. has a kicker in one of the storage boxes. so there is
enough room.

Questions I have...
        1. under the storage box there is the metal floor of the cab. Can i leave
the metal exposed as part of the box (with sealing/matting/noise reducer)
or do i have to fit particle board to the contors as part of the box?
        2. Has anyone know anything about the jensen G.R.I.P series. I know that
jensen isn't the best name around. The 8" can take 125w RMS (375 peak) and
has a max SPL of 93db at 47.72 hz. Any info experience with this line of
speakers will be welcomed. I probably cant afford the amp to power them
anywhere near 125w rms, so i won't be pushing them to thier limits. :>>
experiencing the smell of fried voice coil once is enough.

I have some box building experience. I built a box to go with a 12" duel
voice coil sub a friend gave me for my home stereo.
Any help is greatly appreciated. mm

       // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
    {}|| | | ||{} mmeye@umr.edu
      [=============] 92 Dakota SLE Club Cab