Ticking sound while warming up

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 18:10:27 EDT

Hi all,
        I have been noticing a strange ticking sound after I start my truck and
let it warm up. It is not rhythmic ie. lifters or injectors, it is
sporatic like: tick.....tick..tick.........tick... well you get the
idea. It seems to be in the exhaust somewhere [I'm not sure about that]
above the cat or in the cat itself. But I can also hear it under the
hood and under the truck. The sound is kinda like the sound you hear
after you shut a car off and the motor cools and gives off the little
clicks only these are just a bit louder than that. I've been noticing
this for a few months now. Truck drives fine, idles fine, I just don't
know what that ticking is and if I should worry about it. If anyone
would like I could record a short wav file and post it on my home
page....

Thanks,

ps: I should be in the IRC experiment tonight. You guys should try it
out, it's pretty cool...

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	  '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB