Re: K@N Filtercharger for Dakota

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 19:15:13 EDT

At 12:05 AM 7/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I just recently order a Filtercharger for my truck by K&N. But they don't
>make one for the dakota (1997 model). They gave me one that is for a
>Dodge Ram. (part number 57-1503). Is that safe. They said it would work.
>Thanks
>Kane
>1997 Black Dodge Dakota Sport 5.2liter reg. cab.

What are the emissions laws where yer from. If you want a *real* hp boost
skip the panel filter replacement. You need an open element air cleaner
with K&N filter. Check out

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/fabm.html

This is part of my feeble attempt at my first homepage. I've had this mod
for close to 4 months now and couldn't be happier. I happen to know of at
least one DML member who replaced his K&N panel filter with the open
element system and noticed the difference. The K&N panel will give ya a
boost but nothin' like this can. Ask for some testimonials to the FIPK
type setups.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****