Re: Continuing Transmission Troubles

From: BadDakota1@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 20:48:32 EDT

my buddy's 318 5spd 4X4 used to have nasty throw out bearing noise.......in
neutral with the clutch out it would be noisy and then when you pushed it in
it went away.......he complained 3 times while it was under warranty and they
told him nothing was wrong...then 10,000 miles after the warranty the trans
took a crap....so he took it back and they told him $2,900 dollars to replace
the trans and clutch.......so he called customer one and rthey agreed to do
it for the labort which was 800 dollars.......well anyway he works for a
merceds dealership down the street and the owner of the dodge dealer came
in...so a bunch of guys bitched at the owner of this........a few hours later
the service manager callls my buddy and says i'll tell you what.....i'll put
the trans and clutch in for 200 dollars but it has to be cash and you pick it
up from me only.....so my buddy said go ahead.....nice to see dodge service
managers pulling scams huh??

Russ