Re: Performace question: automatic -vs- manual

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Fri Jul 04 1997 - 23:54:50 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> 3.9 gears run better than low 16's or high 15's, these guys running 14's must
> have something magic from CC.?
>
> Bill

   One of the trucks mentioned is mine and it is definately not stock.
Stock(including tires), it ran 15.90s. I'll let Karl tell you about his
transmission mods(they were extensive) My mods include the following:

Totally new exhaust from manifolds back (single pipe 3" system)
MP Computer
March pulleys
Jacobs Ultra Team (Yes it works!)
K&N FIPK
160 Thermostat.

Total $ invested so far is about $1,450 Netted 1.2 second reduction in
ET. BTW, I'm still running on street tires(Dunlop GTQs)
Best to date is 14.70@93.5 mph

Andre Mauboussin
95 Sport Reg Cab 3.90SG/5Speed