Re: Performace question: automatic -vs- manual

From: Dakota (acasey@mail.io.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 14:04:20 EDT

> WillTier@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > 3.9 gears run better than low 16's or high 15's, these guys running 14's must
> > have something magic from CC.?
> >
> > Bill

I have an extended cab and it probably ran about 16 or so stock. I
never raced it before I had the flowmaster and MP SBEC, with these
two mods my times were 15.7's. Since then I have added:

SureGrip (limited slip) = 15.3's
MSD & pulleys = 14.9's best 14.8 @ 91.6
1.7 Roller Rockers = no improvment still 14.9's

I went to the Texas MotorPlex without my MSD (died week before) and
ran 15.2's and one 15.1. I run on 235/70's Dunlop GT qualifiers and
3.21 rear gears.
So as you can see Bill, the magic is in the check book. I'm sure with
the same level of mods your truck would also break into the 14's. Of
course with nitrous on board why bother. :) one shot of that and us
14 second Daks are sucking wind. :(

Alan...
94' SLT 5spd

Thanks again Andre and Karl, I had a blast up at Ennis, and
appriciate the tips, tricks and conversation. I look forward to next
time.