Re: 1997 Dakota vs. Mustang GT

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 11:59:52 EDT

At 01:46 AM 7/5/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know how many mods would it take to beat a 1995 Mustang GT
>with 215hp? Would it take any at all? I have a 1997 Dodge Dakota Sport
>with a 318 in it, and I add A K&N Filtercharger FIPK. Do you think my
>truck could beat it? If not, what kind of mods would I need?
>Thanks
>Kane
>1997 Dakota Sport reg. cab 5.2liter K&N FIPK

        Hmmmm....might be close. I know that on Wed. morning I ended up next to a
newer Corvette convertible. Light changed and we both left hard. I
hole-shotted him but he quickly made up the difference. He *could not* get
his taillights past my grille in the amount of space we had though. At the
next light he motioned for me to put down the window. He wanted to know
what they put in those trucks. I told him a 318 and he nodded, said "Damn,
that thing is *strong*!" and we both went on our way.

New Mustang? Really close. New F-body? No way.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****