Re: Exhaust for 97 V8 was 97Dak vs Mustang

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 14:34:06 EDT

Sean Meldrum wrote:

> Careful about swapping thermostats on an OBD truck. The computer need to
> see that the truck hits a specific temperature in a certain amount of time.
> Otherwise the computer reads a malfunction. The '97s run pretty cool
> already.
>
> Definitely dump the factory exhaust.....at *least* up to the manifolds. Do
> it in stages if yer wallet (most of our wallets) won't allow more.

     To give you an idea my exhaust consists of 2 1/4" aluminized pipe
from the manifolds into a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 x 3" Flowmaster aluminized Y
pipe into a 3" Highflow Cat into a 3" Flowmaster big block muffler into
a 3" stainless mandrel bent exhaust pipe off a V10 Dodge pickup ;-)
The tatal cost of this setup installed was $600.