Re: Cat Back Exhaust

From: Shawn Shultzaberger (shultzas@mwr.kic.or.jp)
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 17:48:15 EDT

mm m mmm wrote:

> Hi all,
> Over the last couple weeks I have seen a lot of interest in
> exhaust,
> so I uploaded the application chart from the
> Walker Dynomax Catalog. These systems feature aluminized mandrel bent
> pipes and the Super Turbo Muffler.
> The muffler has a life time warranty. You will see applications for
> 4,6
> and 8 cyl Dakotas. They only offer up to the 1995 year but are working
> on
> newer apps as we speak. If you are interested point your web browser
> http://members.tripod.com/~RockValley/test-1.html. You can find these
> systems at any parts store that carrys
> Walker exhaust. The system for my 1994 3.9 Reg. cab 4X4 was about
> $165.00
> it fits like O.E. and comes with everything you need. Let me know if I
>
> can help with questions or prices....
>
> Mike Cabe
> partstek@juno.com

 Let me add one thing. I have had the Cat Back Super Turbo Muffler set
up on my 91 Moostang. The reason I switched to the Flow Master setup
was because of two things. #1... The Dynomax system sounded exactly the
same as my stock mufflers at idle. #2... It had this awful intrusive
drone at 2000 rpms. The sound was over whelming. The mufflers really
resonate between 1500 and 2500 rpms. Now if you like that kind of thing
go for it. At WOT they were just slightly louder than my stock
mufflers. Plus there was no real performance increase that I could
feel. The performance increase from the Flowmasters was slightly
noticeable. Now, I am not saying that all Dynomax products suck. Its
just that my experience with them has been less than wonderful. I am
going with the Race Magnum that Sean has. It is a straight thru design
and should sound nice. I can't wait to hear the .wav files. : -)
Just my lowly .02 worth......

Shawn
(97 V8 5spd RegCab 3.55sg)