Re: Roar! (electric fans)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 21:05:46 EDT

<< BUTTTTTT, the electric fan is only drawing on the alternator when it is
 running. When the engine is cooled by incoming air (like when you're
whipping
 down the freeway at 55 mph), the fan is not drawing power from the
alternator.
 I'd rather have the electric fan drawing zero amps at 55 mpg than a cluch
fan
 that is half-engaged dragging on the engine. >>

BUUUTTTTTTT, I would be willing to bet that if the electric fan is not
running the the clutch would not be engaged either. I do not believe that the
clucth part engages, it is either in or out. The basis for my comment was as
I stated the shop where I went to buy one talked me out of it due to his
testing on the dyno resulting in negligable if any gain and not worth the
money. You can spend all you want and I hope it works for you and if it does
let us know. I do know that everything I have challenged him on he had facts
to back up his story. The other thing is if it would help at all why didn't
he just take my money. Maybe that is why he has such a good business,
honesty??

Bill