Re: 1997 Dakota vs. Mustang GT

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 21:05:45 EDT

<< If were talkig stock mustangs, they run mid to low 15s at the Texas
 Motorplex. If a mustang is in the 14s, it is either a late 80s
 model(probably a speed density car) or has some mods.

I do not know much about Mustangs but there are several up where we run
runing low to mid 14's and 1 or 2 even high 13's. I do not know what they
have done to them but to the best of my knowledge none are on juice or
supercharged. I ran one last year at the last day of the drags for the season
and we ran two runs nearly side by side runing 13.5's, he got me off the line
both times and the first one he beat me by 2' or so and the second I beat him
but probably only due to his missed shift. The sucker run good and I know he
did not have juice or supercharger. I did hear a rumor that it was not a 302
but a 400??? I do not know for sure. The new 4.6 Mustangs have been dogs
compared to the 5.0's from what I have see running 15.7's and 15.8's..

Bill