Re: proper rear end fluid

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 1997 - 19:45:20 EDT

Jane or Larry Elliott wrote:

> As long as you don't run it in cold weather the 85W-140 may be okay, but
> the 80W-90 will flow better and give better lubrication at low temps,
> while not having the drag of 140. You might notice lower fuel mileage
> with the 85W-140 due to the viscosity of the 140 end too.
>
> Larry
Thanks for the info Larry. Down here in Texas it usually never gets
below mid 20'sF. Usually in the dead of winter mornings are around high
30's then warm up sometimes to 50's or even 60's. Just thought I should
let you know since some of the more northern members have a different
deffinition of what cold weather is. ;^)

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	  '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB