Re: The best muffler

From: Jack Snodgrass (dakota@cybermail.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 1997 - 19:44:21 EDT

On Sun, 06 Jul 1997 16:35:05 -0700, James Bird wrote:

>I want to buy the best QUIET muffler out there. I want a 3" in and dual 2.5" out.
>
>Gibson?
>Dynomax Super Turbo?
>Dynomax Race Magnum?
>Edelbrock 2.5" RPM series?
>Flowmaster (too noisy for me)?
>
>Has anyone heard the Edelbrock? Has anyone any recommendations??

I'm interested in the same info.

Also... does anyone have any info on 3 inch exhaust pipes? Can any
muffler shop with the right equipment make a 3 inch pipe, or do
they need to be custom made for optimimum performance? Any idea
how much one would cost me?

Am I better off going with a complete, custom muffler and exhaust
pipe package? Thanks.

Jack Snodgrass
   '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, stock