Re; Fog Lamps

From: David Shimmin (0003287354@mcimail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 00:43:09 EDT

Jack Snodgrass wrote:

I don't have any Fog Lamps in my 97 Dak.

I pulled the dash in order to replace the stock stero and saw that the
on/off wiring for the Fog Lamps is in place, ready to go.

I was wondering if anyone has installed Fog lamps themselves and if so,
how much of the existing wiring were you able to use. I took a quick
peek under the front bumper and didn't see any where to just plug in the
new fog lamps. I just assumed that I'd have to wire up EVERYTHING. Now
that I see that the wiring for the on off switch is in place... I'm
starting to think about it again.

Any info would be appreciated.

Jack,

        I installed a set of Fog Lights on my '88 Dak. I ran all new wiring
and mounted them on top of the bumper. (There was no place to mount them under
the bumper.) With new wires, there's no doubt of where to connect things or
if you ever need to, troubleshoot a problem. Just use plenty high-temp tie-
wraps the black ones) to attach the wires to the existing wire harness. The
type I have are Hella 550s. These are some of the best on the market and cost
about $60.00. They come with a relay that will turn the Fog Lights off when the
High Beams are turned on. I've had them for a year now and they work great.

David.Shimmin@mci.com

~~ Silver/Charcoal '88 LE, LB, 3.9L, Auto, 2WD ~~
        ~~ Michelin XCH4 R75 P215x15 WRL ~~