Re: Exhaust

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 19:30:35 EDT

At 01:20 AM 7/7/97 -0400, you wrote:

>So if I want dual pipes out the back race magnum don't Single in dual out?
>So what should I go with? How much would it cost? I want my truck loud.
>Do you know of any good headers for my truk?
>Thanks.
>Kane
>1997 Dakota Sport reg. cab 5.2liter, K&N FIPK

Headers? Hmmm......Edelbrock has shorties coming (or could be available by
now), JBA is supposed to have shorties, Gibson has shorties. The Doug
Thorley types (Mopar's offering) stand to give the best increase in power.
A long tube header is always your best choice when looking for max power
and the DT's are the closest to a full length header that's available.

If you want loud and you don't want to mess with a Y-splitter go with the 2
chamber Flowmaster single 3" in/dual 2-1/2" out. If there *is* in fact a
dual out Race Magnum available I would recommend looking into it. It's
only a couple dB's quieter than the Flowmaster and smoother. Doesn't have
that famous Flowmaster Bark to it. If you want the bite to the tone
tho....go with Flowmaster or even the Flowtech Terminator. The Terminator
was developed as a direct competitor to the Flowmaster. These are loud!
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****