Re: Backfire

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 00:05:00 EDT

At 10:29 PM 7/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey Sean, I know what he is talking about. The exhaust on some models
>(like the sport) is one pipe that forks into two near the tip. Kinda like
>an F. Why they did that I don't know. I started to notice the same thing
>about one black pipe and one clean one until I covered up the black one and
>WHAT?! the other one was dicovered to be fake. That is why one appears
>clean and the other dirty. Dodge put so much money into the stainless
>steel system just to get lazy and weld on a fake tip. Oh well, I fixed
>that with my semi-real dual out set up. Hope this answers your question.
>

>Rob Robinson

Thanks for the clarification Rob. Still stumped on the backfire though.
What's the mileage on that truck?

About the locker rearend article, Rob. Can't find the damn thing now. Did
see the same type locker in the new Summit. Powertrax. Starts at $300.
You'd have to call for your appl. 800-230-3030.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****