Re: Backfire

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 22:29:08 EDT

>At 05:56 PM 7/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>Nope, no exhaust mods. Strange, I noticed that one of the exhaust exit
>>pipes has some black, nasty soot inside while the other doesn't look
>>nearly as bad... Hmm...
>>
>>Sean Meldrum wrote:
>
>Wait, now I'm confused. No exhaust mods but two tail pipes?
>*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
> sean meldrum

Hey Sean, I know what he is talking about. The exhaust on some models
(like the sport) is one pipe that forks into two near the tip. Kinda like
an F. Why they did that I don't know. I started to notice the same thing
about one black pipe and one clean one until I covered up the black one and
WHAT?! the other one was dicovered to be fake. That is why one appears
clean and the other dirty. Dodge put so much money into the stainless
steel system just to get lazy and weld on a fake tip. Oh well, I fixed
that with my semi-real dual out set up. Hope this answers your question.

Rob Robinson
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport-RED
 Short Bed Standard Cab
318-3.55
"Air by Meldrum"-(14" chrome air cleaner 3" K&N Element)
Rhino muffler-dual exit
9.9 @ 72mph 1/8 mile